Welcome!

I hope this blog will help people give and get ideas about quilting or any other stitching you're doing. I've been inspired by so many things on the web, I hope this becomes one of those things for someone.



Friday, August 26, 2011

Cousin Karen's New Baby!

I finally got to show my cousin the baby quilt that I made for her.  So far it's just the quilt top, she's not due until the end of October. But here's a preview:
Her colors are pink and brown, could 'ya guess? I made sure to incorporate the bedding that she registered for from Pottery Barn Kids.  She chose the Penelope collection and I tore up some pillowcases to make the white inner border.
I love the little birdies, and I'm hoping to use them in the quilting design.  The roses are appliqued on, I cut them out, as is, from some yardage and blanket stitched them on.  I plan to do this with her name too, once she's born that is! More pictures will come once the little lady graces us with her presence and I can finish the quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment