Welcome!

I hope this blog will help people give and get ideas about quilting or any other stitching you're doing. I've been inspired by so many things on the web, I hope this becomes one of those things for someone.



Tuesday, August 23, 2011

OBX Lighthouse Cross Stitch

One of my big purchases from my vacation last week.  My family and I have been travelling to the Outer Banks since around 1996.  I absolutely love the area and would live there if I could.  I've got a bunch of plans for quilts for when I hopefully get a beach house there.  These jumped out at me when we were at the Wright Brother's Memorial.  I'm thinking of incorporating them into a quilt. 
Here's how the first one came out. It was very easy to do, only took a day and a half, and that was with work in the middle. I think I'm going to have to do a more traditional type quilt if I want to fit these in.  Which is good because all of the other ideas for OBX quilts that I have are very bright and fun.  So maybe this can be a wonderful, traditional, kinda serious quilt. Ideas are still brewing.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering how your lighthouses turned out, if you ever made a quilt and if you still have the pattern for Ocracoke- it's the last lighthouse I need- I was late to the corner stitch and frame game. I have Roanoke Island lighthouse that I could share. Beth

    ReplyDelete