Welcome!

I hope this blog will help people give and get ideas about quilting or any other stitching you're doing. I've been inspired by so many things on the web, I hope this becomes one of those things for someone.



Tuesday, January 3, 2012

We're Off to See the Wizard....for Christmas!

And I'm back again, I know you all missed me in my 4 hour interlude, lol.  I wanted to share with you all the pictures of the gift I made for my boss this Christmas.  It's based off of the "Tahoe Tote" pattern from Pink Sand Designs.  I found this pattern to be very easy and incredibly enjoyable.  I had previously made the "Don't Mesh with Me" tote by Karen Comstock of Quiltricks, and it's a beautiful bag but I was put off by all the binding.  In the Tahoe Tote pattern there is no binding at all, yippie! I had used this pattern previously to make a bag with a Sleeping Beauty panel that I had been saving for years.  I had chosen to embellish it and found it very easy to alter the pattern to fit my designs.  This was also the case for the tote I made for my boss. She loves the "Wizard of Oz" and once I found my fabric I knew it would be perfect for her.

Font of Bag

Back of Bag

Side of Bag

Inside of Bag
I really love how this bag turned out.  I did some stitch in the ditch and meandering to quilt the bag. I love the differences in the outside of the bag and the inside of the bag, and I especially love the handles.  I found the nylon straps at my local JoAnn Fabrics and found them to be better suited as handles than the pattern's recommendation of fabric and interfacing. It took me a bit less than a day to make the whole thing.  I have some leftover fabrics so I'm sure you'll be seeing another post about another "Wizard of Oz" bag soon!!!  I hope all of your Christmas gifts gave you as much joy as this one gave me when I made it!

2 comments: